Monday, September 2, 2024

It's 2024, and it's still Smarter Than Phil Simms

 Yes, it's the same old Smarter Than Phil Simms. Which is a good thing. The draft was excellent, the pizza was delicious (thanks Kyle), and the company was second to none.

Teams have been inputted to ESPN, so begin making roster moves as you wish. You probably also got an email with your roster and a draft grade. My draft grade in ESPN was the same as it was on the PrimeTime Draft app, which I found interesting. Curious to see how yours all compare. The picture below is the draft grades given by the software.

In case you can't read that (because it's tiny and we're all getting old): 

Dancin Dennis - B+

DVD - A+

I-Ry - C+

The Effect - B

Gravy Train - C-

Hardcore- C-

Boobies (heh) - B+

Pickles - D

Falco - C-

Provost - B-

Actual NFL Football begins on Thursday, so set those lineups.

Other Reminders and Stuff

I've got the scratchers from the guys in person at the draft. Those of you who didn't attend the draft in person (and won something on your scratcher) please send it in with your league fee (Nash, you already did). Also, if you haven't sent in your league fee, please do that too.

Wondering what you guys thought of the new $20 scratcher buy-in. We won more money this year than in most years past, but it might have been less fun with 4 guys winning nothing. Let me know what you thought.

We won $115 this year. I explained this to the guys in person, but here it is for the rest of you. I've discovered a tool called League Legacy. It takes ALL of the seasons of STPS and creates a league history record that absolutely dwarfs what I've been tracking myself for all 10 years of the league. There's a LOT of history there, that my spreadsheets just can't touch. It's $36 for the year. So I'd like to take that fee from our scratcher winnings. The guys at the draft were cool with it.

Here's the league site to peruse so you can see it all for yourself. It might be best to avoid the site during work hours; your employer probably won't be fond of the multiple hours you'll waste looking through ALL those stats.

The site will ALSO write League Notes for me! If I'm understanding it correctly, I'll also have the ability to edit whatever the site creates, so it won't be completely devoid of my humor. Hopefully, this gets me back into the mode of producing the Notes more frequently.

See you all in the league! And remember, if you come at the Champ, you best not miss.



No comments:

Post a Comment