Friday, November 2, 2018

Week 8, or the One After Week 7

Guys, I apologize. I am been slacking in my Commissioner-ly duties and have not gotten notes to you. I haven't gotten the mid-season report to you. I have failed.

I do, however, feel good about myself not failing as bad as Roger Goodell. I mean, at least our league doesn't have absolutely ridiculous and damn near impossible to enforce rules and penalties. Nevertheless, it's supposed to be fun and I haven't been able to be as fun as I have been.

What has been fun is the GroupMe of late. I'm not sure what pro-Cowboys blog Kevin has been reading, but I need some more of that positivity in my life. I mean, there's nothing that says Amari Cooper won't end up being worth a first-round pick. But when you compare him to Golden Tate and Demaryius Thomas in terms of talent and body of work, I'm still not sure the 6 year age gap is worth the two or three rounds of draft position the Cowboys gave up. So far, Cooper hasn't really lived up to the hype. But I'd love to be proven wrong. And draft him in the 8th round next year (instead of in the 3rd round as Provost did) and have a stud WR. But history says it won't happen. Not with Dak as the QB and Jason Garrett as a head coach. 

Let me get in some quickie recaps from last week. Our top 4 teams all played each other, which basically served to muddle the standings just a little bit more. Though looking at the teams, it seems pretty clear we have an obvious top 4, then everyone else. The cool part is that any of the top 4 right now could win the title. There is no clear favorite in my mind, which is different than the last two years when there seemed to be two juggernauts at the same point in the season.

Dancin' Dennis topped Hardcore 133.5-97. If Todd Gurley keeps scoring TDs at this rate, DDN is going to be tough to beat. 

Panic Time Squad blasted Death Valley Driver 135.5-106, winning the Tidwell award for the week. PTSd continues to win despite starting Isaiah Crowell, and having basically NO RB1s on his roster.He's hoping Kenyan Drake emerges from his slumber and becomes a prince, but in Miami, who knows?

Pedro Pickles clobbered Iron Ryan 111.5-69 (nice). Pickles finally got some production from Sammy Watkins, which was probably a bit lucky, but hey...he didn't really need it this week. Alex Collins hasn't rushed for more than 68 yards yet, but is scoring just enough TDs for I.R. to have to keep playing him.

Boobies (heh) crushed Provost 122-74.5. I'm pretty sure I was ready to have Boobies (heh) his second straight Worst "title" just a few weeks ago...but then, his team apparently woke up and he can't be stopped. James Conner is REALLY helping, and is the early pick for his keeper next year. Provost, well, his team just isn't good, despite having Saquon and Zeke.

And in the battle of bottom feeders, Scrote Squad beat Jeff Fisher 122.5-114.5. Well done on Fisher's part to spend all that FAAB money on Marlon Mack and then SIT HIM ON THE BENCH! Looks like these two might be battling it out for the Worst this year....

Again, guy, I apologize. I'm back on paternity leave which means I don't have down time at work to write the notes. You WILL have Week 9 notes in a much more timely fashion.

Also, it's almost 8am at my house and I'm the only one NOT sleeping. This is pretty weird.

Commish OUT!


No comments:

Post a Comment